Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moving Along



Just like this picture of my home studio, I am a work in progress.

Things have progressed nicely this week.  I posted a second song (City Trance) to the eSyrup Facebook page, begged for more friends to “like” the page and at this writing, picked up another six members this week!  Yay!

I now have five tracks posted on SoundCloud with a total of 69 combined plays of all five tracks.  Since my music has been spent most of its life locked up in a vault, this is the most people who have heard my music.  Ever.  I don’t have any comments on SoundCloud yet, but I hope that will come in time.

The most exciting event of the week was sitting down with a graphic designer to help create a logo.  I say “help” in the sense that I had some crazy ideas and he went right to something smart and very cool.  So instead of the photo of me in my little home studio or that less than appealing graphic of a chemical compound that you now see on my Facebook and SoundCloud pages, I will have consistent branding to attach to all that I do.  When it is complete, you will see it here, there, and everywhere and the designer’s name will be up in lights – as he deserves to be.

Next is the world of domain names, copyrighting, trademarking, etc… but let’s talk music.

I promised some explanation last time around, to the following questions:

What is eSyrup?  eSyrup is me, I am eSyrup.  Just like Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor and Trent Reznor is Nine Inch Nails… I am just less scary.   A tad less popular too, but look out!

What is up with that name?  The name actually came to me in 2009.  At the time I thought it a good name for a song or album, but I decided to use it to name the “band.”  I honestly can’t remember if the “e” is for electronic or ear.  Both apply… think of it as electronic ear candy.

Who are you, anyway?  Who, me?  I am just another (hobbyist) musician who wants to share his music.  I play – in the order I learned them - acoustic guitar, flute, mandolin, violin, dulcimers, saxophone, piano, synthesizers, electric lead guitar, drums, bass guitar… I think that is it.  I played in bands in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s and started recording original music and covers in the mid 80’s.  I have been composing music, even if it was just in my head, since I was 10 years old.  I picked up my first guitar at the age of 11 from the profits of a paper route and the rest is, as they say, history.

How the hell did Jean Michel Jarre record Oxygene and Equinoxe with no sequencers?  With his immense talent… expect to hear his name again.

That last question had some words I recognize, but what are you talking about?  I will get into the world of electronic music, synthesizers, sequencers, recording software, and my desire to have the second largest collection of vintage synths at another time.

This week’s song is “City Trance”:
An original piece using: Proteus 1: piano, strings, marimba, drums, percussion, synth leads and odd noises.
Korg Poly 800 as a controller keyboard
ART FXR digital delay (echo sounds)
Cakewalk software

Yes, as promised, I will explain what that means, too

~eNjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment